Re: tlug: Audio ripping/MP3

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 06:46:20AM -0700, James Calver wrote:
>     I can help with your first question here. I understand that the MD
> digital connector is of the SPDIF (Sony Philips Digital Interface Format?)
> format.  But it's an optical connector, the SBLive is digital.  So you'd
> need a converter.

Creative Technology sells a daughterboard for the SBLive that has SPDIF I/O.
I bought one at the PC World Expo last week for Y1580, although they
normally go for around Y5000.  (The newer SBLive Pro! includes this
functionality out of the box.)

Jim  -- who is part of a company that works for Creative Technology, but who
        doesn't have anything to do with the sound cards except as a customer

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586

Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Linux 8th Birthday Anniversary! ***
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.
*** Topics: 1) Linux i18n   2) Japanese TrueType fonts