Re: tlug: JRPM60 XEmacs

Jens-Ulrik Petersen wrote:

> [Btw I guess you've all heard the news that RH has ended its agreement
> with Laser5 and will start its own operation in Japan.  If anyone has
> more inside information, I for one would be interested in hearing
> it. (Austin, any comments?)]

Read the following interview.

http://www.ascii.co.jp/ascii24/call.cgi?file=issue/1999/0903/keyp01.html
http://www.ascii.co.jp/ascii24/call.cgi?file=issue/1999/0906/keyp01.html

It is really strong wording which I was so surprised.
Because typical Japanese management never say such strong opinion.

> In XEmacs you can also use skk (a package included in the Sumo
> package) for Japanese input.  It's a quite strict input method, but
> works well, but you might find Canna (or Wnn) easier to start with.
> Emacs also could with its own Japanese input package.

SKK is a light weight input method which I prefer.

Regards,
  Hiro
--
Hiro Yoshioka/Principal Engineer