Re: tlug: sendmail / connecting Linux box and a Mac

>> Ooh, no! You can get cross-over RJ45 cables which work like null
>> modem cables, effectively; ....
>
>You can make them, but I've never seen them in a store here.

I've seen them, even in a local shop. The cables normally have the wiring
diagram on the packaging, so you can see the difference. I needed the
crossover type to connect a hub to my router.

Which reminds me: I thought I could connect from the router (NTT's MM-128;
I'd filled all three sockets) to the uplink socket on the hub, but it
didn't work (with either kind of cable), so I just used socket 1. Should it
have worked or is uplink there for some other purpose?

Darren

Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.