Re: tlug: Debugging a PLIP connection

Jonathan Q writes:

 > I sure can't help with PLIP, but I can't help asking why not just use
 > Ethernet?

I might if I don't have to buy anything ... my bank balance is not a
pretty sight. Guess that's what I get for moving to a
'quality of life' state. And I don't anticipate wanting to connect the
2 machines on a regular basis ... mainly just want to do a one-time
transfer of a whole bunch of software that's configured the way I want
it.

But since you brought it up: I have an ethernet card for the notebook
-- it's an Olicom 2220 PCMCIA card that I bought for 5 bucks at a garage
sale. Supposedly it works, but I don't know if it will work under
Linux. I did try a while back, using some other driver that seemed to
be similar, but didn't get anywhere. I've seen messages on the Net
suggesting that it isn't supported, but nothing conclusive. Anybody
have any knowledge/ideas about this?

Matt Gushee
Portland, Maine, USA
Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.