Re: tlug: my wm...

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> wrote,

> Hmm.  Supercite blew chunks on those parens, and you've even got 'em
> in quotes.  Hmph.
>
>     NRC/Tokyo> Me, I'm more into extensible wm's (ie in the sense that
>     NRC/Tokyo> that have a proper programming language built into them
>     NRC/Tokyo> so that you can configure them in any way you like:
>
> I think you just convinced manu to switch :-)

Hmm ;-)

But what got my attention is this part:

NRC/Tokyo> and toyed a bit with GWML (the Generic Wm in ML,
NRC/Tokyo> extensible in CAML, a strongly typed functional
NRC/Tokyo> language).

As a strong proponent of strongly typed functional languages
and lambda theorist I might even be morally bound to use
that thing.  But then, my heart is not with ML, but with
Haskell <http://haskell.org> - The Coolest Language on the Planet(TM).

But then, I am just writing a Haskell binding for GTK+
<http://www.score.is.tsukuba.ac.jp/~chak/haskell/gtk/> and
plan to go for Gnome next year (no joke!) - so a window
manager might actually not be that far off...hmmm...

Manuel
Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.