Re: tlug: mail weirdness [the mutt way]

Mon Aug 30, 1999 at 03:28:35PM +0900 において
John Seebach さん曰く:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm having a weird problem with my mail and was wondering if anyone
> had any ideas or suggestions. I recently changed the way I was doing
> mail (netscape) to a fancier, more japanese-capable setup using mutt
> and all sorts of fancy procmail filters. Naturally, I've broken a few
> things getting it set up.
>
> All of my mailheaders now contain the following incorrect information:
> from: john seebach <jseebach@example.com>
>
> where they should read (and do when I send mail from any other mail
> program, including elm, pine, and communicator):

	i had what i think is/was a simialr problem.
	and it only occured w/ mutt.
	first i tried tweeking w/ the *hostname*
	variable in the muttrc.

		set hostname=*****.***

	which didnt seem to work.
	after digging through some of the docs/archives/ around www.mutt.org
	i found this line which helped.

		set sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail -oem -oi -f<username>@<host>"

	i put it in my .muttrc and all was fine (the from: problem that is)

	not sure if this will help, but you can try it.

	there are of course much better ways to deal with this problem
	but i am not clever enough to fig. them out.

	as always i will post this in case this is utterly stupid...
	and i will try to find the actual posts explaining this and
	mail those to you if you want...

PGP signature