Re: tlug: the pros and cons of under-reconfiguring your kernel

Jonathan Q <jq@example.com> wrote,

[...]
> In fact, I will state as a reformed former user of Some Other
> Operating System, that while still a bit rough around the edges, Gnome
> is not as good as That Other Operating System's GUI - it's better.

That's interesting.  As I am using That Other Operating
System only for the occasional game or to get at hardware
details before replacing it with Our Favourite Operating
System, I would be very interested to hear what you think
are the features that make Gnome better.

> On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Tony Laszlo wrote:
> > On another note, if anyone needs advice on how to switch
> > back and forth between two sendmail.cf files (one which
> > will allow the user to send mail from pine without getting
> > a 451 "sender domain must resolve" error and one which
> > will send all the outgoing mail to the host), let me
> > know; I'll be glad to share my current recipe. Of course,
>
> Sure, I'd like to see them.  How about putting those, your .muttrc, and
> anything else you think might be interesting someplace where we can FTP
> them?

Hmmm, why change sendmail.cf at all to get rid of the 451
"sender domain must resolve" error?  Put whatever sender
domain does not resolve into /etc/mail/access with the RELAY
tag.  So, in my case I put

  is.tsukuba.ac.jp	RELAY

in that file as my laptop lives under the delusion that it
is part of is.tsukuba.ac.jp even if it is not connected to
the net.

Cheers,
Manuel
Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.