Re: tlug: Redhat 6 and Japanese.

Tetsuji Rai wrote:

> You may want to visit PJE (Project Japanese Extension) homepage. it's
> http://www.pje.linux.or.jp
> There are several rpm files, and you should use packages in PJE-0.3alpha for
> RHL 5.x.   Although it's for RH 5.x, those packages also work in my RH 6.0.
>    At least you will need Wnn (or canna) for Japanese server, mule
> (multilingual emacs), kterm (kanje version of xterm), and kinput2(japanese
> front end).
>   Hope it will help.

well, RHL 5.x is glibc 2.0.x and RHL 6.x is glibc 2.1.x.  The two glibcs
only make a passing effort at binary compatibility, so to be safe you
REALLY should recompile from source.  Some 2.0.x packages will work okay
with glibc 2.1, but many will not.  YMMV.  You have been warned :)

Incidentally, to rebuild from source:

1.  Download the .src.rpm file.
2.  'rpm --rebuild (filename)'

--