Re: tlug: Fw: Linux Web Server

    Scott> "Stephen J. Turnbull" wrote: the pile of festering dog sh*t
    Scott> that is every 2.2.x kernel since 2.2.6 without looking
    Scott> before leaping, etc, etc.
    >> Why, I'm quite satisfied with 2.2.x, and I've been following it
    >> up as the patchlevels increment.  ;-)

    Scott> you're either seriously pulling my leg, or you haven't used
    Scott> either 2.2.9 or 2.2.11.... ?

My three main boxes are running 2.2.10, 'tis true, but at least two of
them did run 2.2.9 for quite a while (mid-June IIRC to August 5).  My
mail machine running 2.2.10 has had SCSI problems recently (since the
change), but they are very closely correlated with 90-90 weather.  The
workstation this is displaying on is running 2.2.11.  My NFS root
floppies are 2.2.11 (since I don't have a real FS built for them yet,
I simply boot to single user mode and shutdown, that's no test ;-).

I think you must be having problems with your air conditioning too;
you didn't used to be so irritable ;-)

I will say that if characterizing the problems you mention elsewhere
in the thread as "pile of dog shit" is justified w.r.t. Linux, a "good"
linux kernel must be at 6 sigma reliability or better.  Fsckin' A!

Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.