Re: tlug: re: ppp but not quite

>>>>> "jb" == Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com> writes:

    jb> 203.216.12.3 (not 206.216) is not a terminal server at all.
    jb> It's an old machine that will disappear before the end of this
    jb> year.

I'm pretty sure I've seen remote=203.216.12.x, but it would be a long
time ago.  I've only seen hiperarc2-ariake recently on my own logins.

    jb> It used to be used for virtual web hosting services, but now
    jb> it's just sitting there ticking over.  No one should have that
    jb> in their resolv.conf at all.  I'm mystified by that one.

VT suffered from a thinko, that's all.  I don't know where TL got
that IP number from, though, but he didn't identify it as a NS.

It is easy to confuse gateways with *servers, and I have seen setups
where the terminal server did name service too, but only once and
billions and billions of years ago (before Anakin Skywalker was born).

Next Nomikai: September 17 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: October 9 (Sat), 13:00     place: Temple Univ.