Re: tlug: re: ppp but not quite

Argh. As I said in my last begging post, I'm also having ppp problems.
I'm also running a 2.2.

What Jonathan last posted seemed interessting to me. Taking a look at
the docs in the 2.2.10 source, found the following: (from
networking/ppp.txt)

{

*NEWSFLASH*
This kernel release needs a minor bug fix for pppd to run properly
with
the new routing code.  When your pppd doesn't work apply the following
patch to pppd-2.2.0f or update to the newest pppd version.

.
.
.

/* The new linux routing code doesn't like routes on down devices. */

.
.
.

The PPP support for this kernel requires the 2.2.0 version of the
pppd daemon. You will find the current version . . .

}

The weird is that I'm running ppd 2.3.7, and I'm having similar
problems to those of Tony. I've reinstalled all the networking
packages, and took out of the system whatever may have relation to IP
Masq. The problem is not related to that, I think.

Also, when it works (it used to do before) is always slow. And this
thing is and external ISDN adaptor from NTT.

Waiting for whatever ....

Jordi S.

(by the way, this mail was sent in userlevel 1. Is the only way for
me.)

Jordi Suner Bunster
jyorudi@example.com
nothingyet.virtualave.net