tlug: ppp but not quite

All,

I have been struggling with ppp for a few days
now and would appreciate advice from those who
have survived the process.
I seem to have narrowed down the problem down to
this:
I can connect, but often cannot use a web browser
nor upload/download mail. ping, traceroute and other
things work.
It seems that my successful ppp connections (connections
during which I can use the browser, etc.) occur only when the
remote IP happens to be 203.216.71.202 (dialing into gol)
and no other IP address. I imagine that the problem must
have something to do with dynamic ip, but don't know how
to solve it.

Thanks in advance.

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691