tlug: re: pine mojibake

Jonathan,

I experienced the same thing with TLC.
If you only need to use Japanese and
English, I suggest you go with a Japanized
Pine (this doesn't do well with Chinese
so it's not an option for me). If I recall,
it could handle sjis.
I get around the SJIS mojibake problem
in ordinary pine by reading those particular messages
in yudit (reply to the message and choose
yudit as the editor). you can then quote the message,
write a reply and, if needed, change
the encoding on the fly from the menu,
(to JIS or EUC, for example) and send it
back to where it came from and/or save
it in that format where you can read
it easily with jvim, jless, etc.

It's a little mendokusai but perhaps
the best option if you system can't
read sjis.

             Tony Laszlo  laszlo@example.com (Jiyugaoka, Tokyo)
_/_/_/_/* ISSHO:  http://www.issho.gol.com

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691