Re: tlug: Redhat 6.0 and Japanese support

At 23:30 99/8/4 -0700, you wrote:
>     I'm really keen to get Japanese support set-up on the redhat 6 system.
> However, I'm quite green when it comes to Linux in general.

There is a RedHat 6.0-J Beta available for download somewhere.
I was able to "Japanize" my RH 6.0-English thanks to Laser 5's
Kubota-san, who had sent us the alpha versions of the Japanese
packages.

First of all, you need double-byte support on top of glibc.
Look for a RPM with the "wcsmbs-locale". Then install an input
method (I use Canna) and localized versions of XFree86. I'm not
sure if it's all, but here's a short list of what I have in
my machine:

Canna-3.5b2-19
TrueTypeFonts_jp-1-2
VFlib-2.24.0-5
XFree86-100dpi-fonts-3.3.3.1_jp-1
XFree86-3.3.3.1_jp-1
XFree86-75dpi-fonts-3.3.3.1_jp-1
XFree86-devel-3.3.3.1_jp-1
XFree86-jpfonts-1.0-1
XFree86-libs-3.3.3.1_jp-1
XFree86-xfs-3.3.3.1_jp-1
dvipsk-5.78a_jp-2
e2fsprogs-1.14-4
freetype-1.2-6
ghostscript-5.10_jp-13
ghostscript-fonts-5.10-1
gnome-core-1.0.4-jp1
groff-1.10jp0.99-1
irchat-2.4_jp-1
kinput2-v2-fix5-alpha7-1
kon2-0.3.8-8
kon2-fonts-0.3.8-8
kterm-6.2.0-10
less-332_jp-2
man-1.5d_jp-3
mule-base-2.3@example.com
mule-canna-2.3@example.com
mule-elisp-2.3@example.com
pLaTeX2e-19980901-7
pLaTeX2e_Macros-1-3
pTeX-2.1.8-6
vfkanji-1.2-1
wcsmbs-locale-0.4.11-4

---
A.Tomita,Jr.
atomita@example.com
Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691