tlug: Redhat 6.0 and Japanese support

    I'm really keen to get Japanese support set-up on the redhat 6 system.
However, I'm quite green when it comes to Linux in general.

    I have looked around and I've read Craig Oda Linux-Nihongo page.  Which
was very helpful.  But I do have a few questions.  Basically what packages
do I need?  I think I need something like Wnn (or Canna, how are they
different), and something like Kinput2 (or ???), and then some programs that
can handle Japanese.

    I've tried installing Wnn4, and Kinput2.  But I got some warning
messages from Kinput2 and a message about execu (or close to that, I'll have
to check).  Also after I installed Kon and tried to run it, the system
crashed.  I must have done something wrong.

    If someone has set up RH6 with Japanese, I'd be grateful if they could
give me some pointers.  Thanks.

James

PS: Thanks to Stephen Turnbull for pointing out the Tlug-post list.  :-)

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691