Re: tlug: programming

>Doesn't make an difference, I would say.  Linux generally is
>perfect for software development, as you have tons of
>tools.  (Not very surprising, I guess, as it was written by
>software people to suit themselves.)

Has anyone tried out any of the the recent IDE's that have come out? I'm
particularly interested in comparisons with Visual C++; especially the
debugger.

Some notable features of the VC debugger are: moving the mouse over a
variable brings a popup with it's value; auto-display of the variables that
you are most likely to be interested in (and hilighting those that have
changed since the last step); from a drop-down box being able to jump
around the callstack, and not just see the source but examine variables
(again just by moving the mouse over them). And my wishlist feature is to
be able to set a breakpoint in a recursive function that *won't* catch on
deeper recursive calls.

Darren

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691