tlug: SparcBook 3 drivers.

Hi,

I just recently aquired a used SparcBook 3 (The one I had with me at the
Enkai the other day).  Since Tadpole had released extensive documentation on
the hardware, I'll be attempting to write Power Management and PCMCIA
drivers for this beast.(Initially I'll be developing for NetBSD[1], although
a Linux port will definately be done).

Anyone interested in helping please e-mail me in private.

Current Status of Free Unixes on this hardware[2]:
NetBSD: Works as a standard Sparc, (However PCMCIA, Power Management,
Internal Sound/ISDN unuseable, no X).

Linux: Works as a standard Sparc 4m machine, (However PCMCIA, Power
Management, Internal Sound/ISDN unuseable, no X, norma console unable with a
patched 2.0.x kernel or a stock 2.2 kernel (Very slow)).

At this time I don't have the time nor the expertise to port an Xserver
although since it uses a P9100 chip (AFAIK supportexd by XF86_SVGA Chris?)
and documentation is available, this houldn't be too difficult.

Yours,
Austin K. Kurahone

[1]:NetBSD seems a lot easier to develop for than Redhat 6.0 for one, for
other reasons please e-mail me in private.
[2]:I got this info off the web from the SparcBook FAQ and the NetBSD page.

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691