Re: tlug: Problem with Sony PCG-N505

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 06:12:22PM +0900, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty wrote:
> Does anybody have any creative ideas about what I can do?

Well, RH 6.0 doesn't need a supplementary disk anymore, does it?
So, you should be all set with the bootnet floppy alone.
The bootloader should only use the BIOS, which in turn
should support the USB floppy.

As an alternative,
get loadlin, the kernel image, and the initrd image (both from
the "bootnet" floppy) on your harddisk.

I tried this once at Yodobashi. Well, not with the RH kernel/initrd,
but with a home-brewed combination. I used my digicam's CompactFlash
card to copy all the files. You should have seen the clerk's face ;)

Good luck!

-Klaus
Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691