tlug: Re: pine/mutt encoding setting - Japanese + Chinese

I have been sent a note in Chinese which suggests that
it may be possible to make pine (or mutt) switch encoding
from Chinese (GB, Big5, etc.) to Japanese (JIS, EUC, etc) and
vice versa by using rc files. Haven't gotten the details yet,
though.  Does anyone know how something like that
might be accomplished?

As it is now, I have to change pine's configuration file
by hand each time I change between the various languages/encodings.

Next Technical Meeting: August 14 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Special guest: Marc Christensen (Salt Lake Linux Users Group)
Next Nomikai: September 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691