tlug: vim, not vi (was: PC Semi)

    John> if you're the kind of person who can stomach vim's
    John> keybindings (I am).

Do you think there are better ones?

    John> For me, emacs-mule (another great editor, I just don't like
    John> the keybindings) works a lot better (meaning it works at
    John> all) for Japanese input.

Have you tried viper.el?  If you can handle vi bindings, then that
would be a good place to start for rebinding Emacs's functions, since
it has most vi functionality bound to keys.  Or you could just use it
plain.

Next Technical Meeting: July 10 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: High Performance JAVA, by Matt Welsh
Next Nomikai: August 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691