Re: tlug: PC Semi

At 18:55 99/07/05 +0900, you wrote:
>Apologies if anyone already replied to this and I didn't notice.

>I hope this isn't an insultingly basic question, but is this an NEC PC-98
>machine?  By it's age, I imagine it must be.  If it is, and you don't have an
>NEC PC-98 Linux port, that would explain it.  The only possible source I know
>of for one of those is the Kyoto University Microcomputer Club did/was doing
>one.  TLUG had a beta CD of it in the library last year (maybe still do, I'm
>not sure), but I don't know if anyone ever actually made it work.  I hear it
>was pretty rough.

Well, it is not insulting, since I'm really not sure of it. The machine don't have labels, and I can't open it. Since it was running DOS (version 5.something) I thought it was something standard, or sort of. Maybe that's the reason. I'll look for the port, even because, it could be for me the first oportunity tu run Linux a on non Intel machine.

Thanks a lot. I'm just afraid I can't go get the CD, because I'm confined in what Dennis McMurchy calls the "Dark Kyushu". You didn't took that from somewhere else, did you?

Once more, thank you. Now I maybe have something to do in the next weeks.

Jordi S. Bunster

Next Technical Meeting: July 10 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: High Performance JAVA, by Matt Welsh
Next Nomikai: August 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691