RE: tlug: Remove some memory and Linux won't boot

On 03-Jul-99 Jonathan Q wrote:
> Here's my weird effect of the day  :-)

> I had an append=80M line in lilo.conf so all the memory would be recognized.
> I removed the line, shut down the system, removed the memory in 2-a and 2-b,
> and powered up again.

Just a thought: You did remember to run lilo after changing lilo.conf?

David

E-Mail: David Dibben <dibben@example.com>
Date: 03-Jul-99
Time: 22:09:24
Next Technical Meeting: July 10 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: High Performance JAVA, by Matt Welsh
Next Nomikai: August 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691