Re: tlug: RH6.0 and samba

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Tetsuji Rai wrote:

> This machine's hostname is tetsu, but if I assign tetsu to 10.0.0.1 in
> /etc/hosts, my Linux stops at sendmail on booting.

/etc/hosts must look like this:

10.0.0.1 tetsu.somedomain.jp tetsu

_not_

10.0.0.1 tetsu

Sendmail wants the FQDN, otherwise it will hang upon startup.  This is a
known gotcha when one drops a new sendmail on a solaris box, which
typically do not have the FQDN in /etc/hosts.

-- Chris (wileyc@example.com)

Next Technical Meeting: July 10 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: High Performance JAVA, by Matt Welsh
Next Nomikai: August 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691