tlug: RH6.0 and samba

Hi,
   Does anyone use samba on RH 6.0?   I posted my problem, but now I guess
someone might have solved it.
    samba uses hostname, but on my machine, if I use hostname which is not
assigned to 127.0.0.1, sendmail stops on booting.   My machine is connected to
internet via ppp, and localy has an ethernet card which is assigned to
10.0.0.1.  This machine's hostname is tetsu, but if I assign tetsu to 10.0.0.1
in /etc/hosts, my Linux stops at sendmail on booting.   Internally sendmail
seems to stop at gethostbyname or something(I am not sure).   In this
situation, I cannot use samba on this machine.   So anyone helps me?

Thanks in advance.
--
Tetsuji Rai    Tokyo Japan
PPL 2476457    tetsuji@example.com

Next Technical Meeting: July 10 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: High Performance JAVA, by Matt Welsh
Next Nomikai: August 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691