Re: tlug: NFS filesystems not mounted at boot (CORRECTED)

VT>> Mike wrote:
VT>>> Jun 21 02:36:10 laputa netfs: Mounting NFS filesystems failed
VT>>> Jun 21 02:36:10 laputa mount: mount: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable
VT>>> to send
VT>>> [...]
VT>>> and after the system  has started, I  can mount the  root-directory of
VT>>> micky by using `mount -a'. Before I upgraded from Redhat 5.2 to Redhat
VT>>> 6.0, the mounting worked correctly during booting.
VT>
VT>Apparently the upgrade has changed one of your files. Which one? Hmmm.
VT>
VT>Check your /etc/inetd.conf file and make sure the mountd is not commented
VT>out. You may see something like:
VT># mountd/1  dgram rpc/udp wait  root  /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
VT>
VT>If you do, then uncomment the line like this:
VT>mount/1 dgram rpc/udp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
VT>
VT>Then kill and restart the inetd daemon or just reboot.

/etc/inetd.conf didn't   have a line containing  `mountd'  at all, not
even commented out. Adding such a line didn't help either.

I could solve my problem though (see my responst to Andrew S. Howell).

Thank you very much,

Mike

Next Technical Meeting: July 10 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: High Performance JAVA, by Matt Welsh
Next Nomikai: August 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691