Re: tlug: Meetings

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, Jordi S.B. wrote:

>Is there any kind of meeting being held in Kyushu, with TLUG members ?

Since TLUG is the Tokyo Linux Users Group, no, we haven't been holding any
meetings in Kyushu  :-)  I don't know if you and Dennis are the only
TLUGgers in Kyushu or not (maybe you are), but there is nothing to stop
TLUGgers there from holding mini-meetings of their own, or even from
starting an English-language LUG in that area.

JLUG (they changed their name recently, I think, but I can't remember the
new name, alhtough the web site should still be reachable at
http://www.linux.or.jp/) is nationwide, so they probably have some members
in Kyushu.  The web site is bilingual, and there are doubtless some English
speakers in the group.  It might be possible to find some local members in
the Kyushu area and do something with them as well.

Jonathan

Next Technical Meeting: July 10 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: High Performance JAVA, by Matt Welsh
Next Nomikai: August 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691