tlug: A couple of VmWare observations

  Just a quick word on a vmware problem and its solution:

  The problem is that sometimes vmware just doesn't do anything when
you try to 'power on' the virtual machine.  None of the usually
informative error messages - just nothing.

  I found that tinkering with the memory size in the Configuration
Settings can fix this problem.  I haven't looked at it exhaustively,
but neither Win98J nor WinNT will start with, say 41Mbytes of memory.
They seem to require an even 32 or 64.

  Just tried the Lignux->Win and Win->Lignux cut&paste this morning.
Seems to work very smoothly, just using the native methods on either end.
Am I missing something, though, or is there no way to move whole files
back and forth except via floppy (I mean when running on a virtual, not
a raw disk, of course)?

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan

Next Technical Meeting: July 10 (Sat), 13:00  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: High Performance JAVA, by Matt Welsh
Next Nomikai: August 20 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691