Re: tlug: emacs mailer recommendation?

>about each. Unfortunately, the fact that I'm still on the steep end of
>the Emacs learning curve means that I'm having a hard time finding out
>which one is more usable (I can't even use the editor, let alone the
>mailer).

Has anyone read the O'Reilly book on emacs? Is it recommended?

I'd also like to master emacs, but every time I try I quickly get
frustrated trying to do something as simple as opening a file, and then I
get considerably more irritated when it takes me 5 minutes to work out how
to get out of the cursed thing (*).

Darren

*: Method 1: go to another virtual terminal, use ps to get it's pid and
kill it. :-).

Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 18:30  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topics: 1. Linux SMP on a quad-Xeon server
2. The Green Frog Linux distribution
Next Nomikai: July 16 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691