Re: tlug: PHT's HA Cluster License

Christopher Sekiya <wileyc@example.com> wrote,

> (possibly for -advocacy.  OTOH, I consider this too damned important to be
> relegated to that forum)
>
> Good morning,
>
> For entertainment, read:
>
> http://community.turbolinux.com/cluster/doc/faq/
>
> ... and then read:
>
> http://community.turbolinux.com/cluster/license/cluster-license.html
>
> $1000 per node?  Mix-and-match licenses?  Restricted by
> _license_ to kernel 2.0.36?

Very sad, indeed.  I would have hoped that a company that
makes a lot of money out of Linux, would be a bit more
clever.  Anyway, there are enough distributions these days
to choose from...

Manuel
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 18:30  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: Linux SMP/Quad Xeon Server
Next Nomikai: July 16 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691