Re: tlug: PHT's HA Cluster License

    Chris> http://community.turbolinux.com/cluster/doc/faq/
    Chris> http://community.turbolinux.com/cluster/license/cluster-license.html

    Chris> $1000 per node?  Mix-and-match licenses?  Restricted by
    Chris> _license_ to kernel 2.0.36?

Interesting. I wonder how they get away with this? I took a look at

http://proxy.iinchina.net/~wensong/ippfvs/

Where I found:

"Pacific HiTech Announces World's First Linux Clustering Solution for
Corporations; Asia's Largest Linux Company Demonstrates New Technology
at LinuxWorld Expo. It is completely based on our virtual server
patch. Although it doesn't mention any information of our virtual
server project and our contribution in its announcement, it is our
success after all. :-)"

So, what are they licensing? Their monitoring tools? If they sold the
tools seperately for a reasonable price, then I would not
mind. Restricting me to a particular kernel just does not fly....

You can be sure I won't use it!

OTOH, The Linux Virtual Server Project looks pretty cool... Now all I
need is an excuse to play with it :)

Andy
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 18:30  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: Linux SMP/Quad Xeon Server
Next Nomikai: July 16 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691