Re: tlug: Toshiba PC Card chip sets

Jonathan -

Funny you should mention it, because I was thinking about writing him
myself and offering my services.  I have a Toshiba Satellite 2520 which has
the  ToPIC97 chipsets, and not being able to get in on line with Linux has
been a big source of frustration for me.

What chipset documentation would look like in Japanese, though, has me a
little apprehensive.  This would obviously be very specialized stuff.
Wonder how long it would be, too?

Glenn Evanish

>I just noticed this in the PCMCIA-HOWTO:
>
>  Toshiba has made available specifications for their ToPIC95 and
>  ToPIC97 chipsets, however the information is somewhat sparse.  Work
>  has been hindered by the fact that much of the documentation
>  apparently exists only in Japanese.  Full support for these chipsets
>  is still experimental, and there are still some serious bugs.
>
>Is this something that TLUG would like to try and help with, by
>translating the documentation?  If anybody would be interested in working on
>this with me, let me know and I'll contact David Hinds (the pcmcia-cs
>maintainer) and ask him for a URL to get the docs, so we can take a look at
>them and decide whether the scope of it is something we could handle.
Perhaps

glenn@example.com

http://www.twics.com/~glenn