Re: tlug: When in Tokyo...Part II

Hi Marc.

At 09:51 99/6/6 -0600, you wrote:
> I don't know how many of you were around but about two years ago, when I
> visited Japan and spent an after noon with TLUG.  We had a meeting, I
> brought tons of Linux stuff to give away, and we all went to Akihabara. In
> general we had a great time.  Crig Oda was president at the time as well.
> The pictures and summary of the meeting we had are on the TLUG web site:
> http://www.tlug.gr.jp/meetings/aug-97.html

I remember, I was there (http://www.tlug.gr.jp/images/tlaug05a.jpg
bottom left).

> Is there a
> chance that we could get a group together on a friday evening or some time
> on a saturday?  (possible dates: July 30 or 31, Aug 6 or 7, Aug 13 or 24)

I'd suggest Aug 7 (it's the closest to our regular meeting dates: technical
meetings are every second Saturday of even months, informal gatherings are
every third Friday of odd months).

> I'll be bringing a bunch of stuff from Caldera.  I'm not officially with
> Caldera, It's that they are a local company and my association with the
> Salt Lake Linus Users Group has made it possible for me to know several
> Calderians personally.  PHT (TL) is, also a local to Salt Lake but has a
> bigger presence in Tokyo.

It would be great. Last time, I was among the lucky ones that got a nice
Caldera T-shirt, plus an OpenLinux CD.

We will be looking forward to meeting you here in Tokyo.

---
A.Tomita,Jr.
atomita@example.com
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 18:30  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: Linux SMP/Quad Xeon Server
Next Nomikai: July 16 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691