tlug: charsets and canna (2 questions)

Greetings everyone.

2 questions, onegaishimasu.

1) What's an easy way to convert a text file from, say, EUC to JIS? I
downloaded a couple of packages from the Debian-JP folks, ack and kcc,
that seem to be designed for this purpose, but the documentation is
mostly in Japanese and I don't have the reading ability (or perhaps the
patience) necessary for making sense of it all. I've recently enabled
japanese text entry (jvim running in a kterm with kinput2/canna), and it
works great, but I want to send email and figure it would be safer to
convert to plain vanilla JIS before sending anything. I'm looking for
something that I can stick in a pipeline so i could just copy the file,
convert it, and send it to my mail handler all in one fell swoop. These
programs appear to be those sort of programs, but I can't figure out how
to use them.

2) Anybody know of a place where I can find a list of keystrokes and
what they do for Kinput2/Canna in English? I'm struggling a bit here. I
seem to have worked out the basics by blindly hitting keys until
something worked, but there are some things that I'd like to do that I'm
sure are easy, only I can't figure them out.

much thanks

john
jseebach@example.com
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 18:30  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: Linux SMP/Quad Xeon Server
Next Nomikai: July 16 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691