tlug: new small scsi hard drive

I just got a new, well new to me, scsi hard drive from a friend.  They
also gave me several scsi adapters and ethernet adapters too.

I am not bragging.

I just was wondering since the hard drive is scsi will it be faster or
slower in linux.  Also, would it be better to set the scsi drive as the
boot drive and the current ide drive as a secondary drive?

I have a Sony Vaio desktop machine with large drive bays.  So, until I can
get drive bay adapters for the small drive, or figure out some other way
to install the drive physically then I wont be able to try it out under
linux.  So, I have plenty of thinking time...

Eric S. Standlee
Kashihara City, Nara Prefecture, Japan / Houston, Texas, USA
e-w.standlee@example.com (free except pop)
fwiw3980@example.com <default>
Standlee@example.com (everything free including fowarding and pop)

Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 18:30  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: Linux SMP/Quad Xeon Server
Next Nomikai: July 16 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691