tlug: japaneese support in linux

>>>>> "subash" == subash bohra <subash_bohra@example.com> writes:

    subash> I am building the application using Lesstif( free version
    subash> of Motif ).How do I add the japaneese character support
    subash> using Lesstif/Motif widgets.

Urk.  Knowing absolutely nothing about gtk, I have to wonder if you
wouldn't be better off with gtk.  Motif in general and Lesstif in
particular is known to be even more buggy than the base Xlib in
internationalization; the XEmacs team has little interest in improving
Motif support for that among several other reasons.

I'm sure you have your reasons for using Motif, though, so that
editorial regurgitation aside:

(0) Get the O'Reilly Motif Programmer's Guide and Motif Reference
    Manual.  (Vol 5 & 6 or so of the X Window System Programmers'
    series).  You may want Vol 1 and 2 (Xlib Guide and Reference) and
    4 (Xt Guide).  I'm not sure I got those numbers right.
(1) The strings need to be translated to Motif's TextNantoka
    structures (it's a format using tags to indicate fonts and
    character encodings, I forget the correct name, I don't do Motif).
(2) UIL is your friend.  It's very cool.  It's also a good way to turn
    a binary (hello, world) that is about 50 bytes as an MS-DOS .com
    file into a 150kB monster (I am not making this up, I don't know
    what happens under Linux, that was DJGPP under DESQview/X), but the
    average overhead goes down with larger apps ;-)

Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 18:30  place: Temple Univ.
*** Topic: Linux SMP/Quad Xeon Server
Next Nomikai: July 16 (Fri), 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691