tlug: Sony VAIO & apm again

Hello all,

I finally bought a VAIO 505V and installed Debian. So far so good.
But now I want to get "hibernation" to work and am looking for that
PHDISK.EXE file on the recovery CDs (there are two). It isn't there!

The first CD only contains one large .pac file (what's that?),
the second one contains all the Sony add-on applications, but
nothing like phdisk.exe :-(

Any idea?

BTW, the normal "suspend" seems to work only if I don't have my 3c589d card
inserted.
Otherwise I get an oops at resume, followed by a panic (killing idle task).
I tried that with 2.0.36 from slink and a self-made 2.2.9 with
pcmcia-cs-3.0.11. Anyway, I'll try to track that down when I have time.

-Klaus
Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 18:30  place: Temple Univ.
Topic: Linux SMP and the Intel SC450NX Quad Xeon Server platform