Re: tlug: Change Runlevel

>     Tetsuji> Hi, Somehow my Linux goes into runlevel 5 after I
>     Tetsuji> upgraded Linux to RH6.0.  And somehow it runs into gnome
>     Tetsuji> mode which I don't like.  How can I set the initial
>     Tetsuji> runlevel to 3?  When I used RH5.2 default runlevel was 3.
>     Tetsuji> Thanks in advance....
>
>     Tetsuji> After I upgraded my linux, I had been having
>     Tetsuji> troubles.....
>
> Tetsuji,
>
> 	The default run level is specified in /etc/inittab:
>

> # Default runlevel. The runlevels are:
> #
> #   0 - halt (Do not set initdefault to this)
> #   1 - Single user mode
> #   2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have networking)
> #   3 - Full multiuser mode
> #   4 - unused
> #   5 - X11
> #   6 - reboot (Do not set initdefault to this)
> #
> id:3:initdefault:
>
> Andy

Thank you.   I also had read /etc/inittab, but I thought it just describes a rule and that it didn't have the setting in it....

Thanks for your help

--
Tetsuji Rai    Tokyo Japan
PPL 2476457    tetsuji@example.com

Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:00 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 19 (Sat), 12:30  place: Temple Univ.
Topic: Linux SMP and the Intel SC450NX Quad Xeon Server platform