RE:Kernel compile trouble.(Was Re: tlug: new debian user...)

Hi,

<CHYOKI>
>libc6, libc6-dev, gcc, cpp, apt, g++, libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1-dev,
>libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1
Hmmmmm. Ok, some more questions:

Which version of gcc does the (gcc, cpp, g++) packages install?  Is it gcc
2.7.x,2.8.x, egcs 1.1.x.  This shouldn't make a difference but....

Does your compiler sucsessfully compile other programs with out
problems(Eg:Hello world).(This is irellevant to the kernel compile but is it
linking other stuff you compile to the right glibc??)

Is the debian kernel source package a clean standard kernel source tarball
or is it patched in funky ways????  If it is a patched funky kernel source
tree, what are the patches???  Have you tried compiling from a clean 2.0.36
source tarball???

<PLUG>I'm about to release the next version of my Linux distro.  It's Linux
2.2.x+devfs/glibc 2.1 based, has no package management what so ever, and it
usually doen't have these funky distribution related problems.  E-mail me
privately if you want to know more...</PLUG>

Yours,
Austin K. Kurahone

Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:30                        Place: TBD
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.