Re: tlug: GTK+-1.2.3 undefined ref to .Xsetlocale

    Jonathan> I was compiling GTK+-1.2.3 and it was zipping happily
    Jonathan> along for 20 or 30 minutes, when it died like this:

    Jonathan> undefined reference to `_Xsetlocale' collect2: ld

Jonathan,

	Armed with the good old nm command, I just search on the TL3.0
box:

	cd /usr/lib
	nm -o *.a *.so.* |grep -i Xsetlocale

And it found it in libc.so.5 :(

If I remember correctly, since some libc's do not support "locales", X
has code to implement locales itself. In my case it is using the
routines built into libc. It does not seem like the Xsetlocale belongs
in libc though. Hmm, maybe I should upgrade to a libc 2.x verison once
of these days....

Andy
Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:30                        Place: TBD
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.