Re: tlug: new debian user beats head against wall, cries for help...film at

    John> Austin Kurahone kindly wrote:
    >> the Kernel without building funky packages.The kernel will be
    >> under the
    >> "arch/i386/boot" directory of your linux source tree (Usually
    >> /usr/src/linux")

    John> So, I tried that, and get the exact same error when I try to
    John> make bzImage, namely (since I'm sitting in front of said
    John> screen right now):

    John> /usr/src/linux/linux-2.0.36/include/asm/string.h:594:
    John> warning: control reaches end of non-void function
    John> init/main.c: In function 'get_options': init/main.c:272:
    John> warning: subscript has type 'char'

John,

	Sorry, I missed the beginning of the thread, so I may be out
of context... anyway, those do not look like fatal errors, just
warnings. What happens after that...

I'm about to embark on my first Debian kernel compile, so hopefully
I'll know more shortly.

Regards,

	Andy
Next Nomikai: May 26 (Wed), 19:30                        Place: TBD
*** Special guest: Eric S. Raymond
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.