Re: tlug: XFS (was: STREAMS)

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Uva Coder wrote:

> > like STREAMS and XFS (speaking of which - what do they mean by
> > journaled? It showed up on the Linux-Future mailing list wish list.)
>
> [...]
> XFS is a journalled file system. It logs changes to the inodes, directories

HP-UX 10.0 has a similar feature.  In addition to reliable crash
recovery, the fsck takes just a few seconds, which is important
for high-availability systems.

--
David Beutel      "Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad.
jdb@example.com      And then I think, 'Aw, who cares?'  And then I think,

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.