Re: tlug: strange modules problem

Hi Andrew,

I strongly recommend you upgrade again.  There were many problems with
2.1.121.  I have modutils-2.2.2-pre6, which is a couple of weeks
old. Should be easy to find on the WWW.

Neil.

Andrew S. Howell wrote:-

> I am in the process up upgrading some TL3.0 to kernel 2.2.6. My laptop
> and home machine when without a hitch. One at work though, is being a
> right pain.
>
> First, as I had done with the other machines, I upgraded modutils
> 2.1.121 and rebuild the current kernel to make sure I could boot
> OK. My problem child though, was not happy with the new
> modutils. depmod reports all sorts of symbols not found. The weird
> thing is that some of the symbols reported seem to have version
> numbers. For example:
>
> /lib/modules/2.0.36/fs/autofs.o:
> 	kfree_R801a0af7
>
> In /boot/System.map, this looks like:
>
> 0011f870 T kfree
>
> I tried doing a make distclean, and compiling with CONFIG_MODVERSIONS
> set and unset. The results are always the same.
>
> Any idea what might be wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> 	Andy

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.