tlug: strange modules problem

I am in the process up upgrading some TL3.0 to kernel 2.2.6. My laptop
and home machine when without a hitch. One at work though, is being a
right pain.

First, as I had done with the other machines, I upgraded modutils
2.1.121 and rebuild the current kernel to make sure I could boot
OK. My problem child though, was not happy with the new
modutils. depmod reports all sorts of symbols not found. The weird
thing is that some of the symbols reported seem to have version
numbers. For example:

/lib/modules/2.0.36/fs/autofs.o:
	kfree_R801a0af7

In /boot/System.map, this looks like:

0011f870 T kfree

I tried doing a make distclean, and compiling with CONFIG_MODVERSIONS
set and unset. The results are always the same.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,

	Andy
Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.