tlug: micro dry printers and Linux

Does anyone know of any compatibility problems with micro dry printers
and linux?

Specifically, I have found a good deal on an Alps MD-1000 printer for
9,800 yen at Seiden, but I want to make sure it will perform normally
with Ghostscript, etc under linux. Anybody have any personal experiences
with this?

Alps printer is here:
http://www.alpsusa.com/cgibin/var/alpsusa/index.html

If this is a terrible printer choice, what are peoples' recommendations
(for running on linux, of course)?

David Walter
warrior@example.com

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.