Re: tlug: RC5-64 Contest

On Sat, 24 Apr 1999, Tetsuji Rai wrote:

> Yes....it's very difficult.   I agree with your idea you mentioned last.
> Anyway I joined TLUG team as tetsuji@example.com and
> caq23050@example.com (one for Linux, the other for Win98).   I have a

Actually, you should use the same email address for every machine that you
have working on this (it doesn't have to be the same as the one you use
on the actual machine; it is just used as your identifier on the system).
All keys you complete will be credited to that address.  Right now, the
stats database essentially thinks there are two of you.  If you dig
through the FAQs on the web site, you can find instructions on how to
permanently retire one of the addresses and give its blocks to your other
address.

> Thanks.  I could find how to get my password.   But I wonder why I cannot find
> TLUG team status by searching with "tokyo" or "linux" as the search key word.

This is now fixed.  Apparently, if the team has no members/blocks, it will
not appear in the database at all.  Since stats are only processed once
per day, between roughly 11:00 AM and noon JST, the team didn't appear in
the lists until this morning.  As of today, Tokyo Linux Users Group has
4 members, 8,580 blocks credited to it, and an overall key rate of 720.46
Kkeys/sec.  Our current ranking is 5,022nd place.  Expect all of these
numbers to rise  :-)

Jonathan

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.