Re: tlug: RC5-64 Contest

> On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Tetsuji Rai wrote:
>
> >  That sounds interesting, but doesn't seem fair.   The degree of devoted
> > effort of each individual must be quite different.   One might be run 10 or
>
> I am not at all willing to go there.  That's way too complicated and has
> way too much potential for fighting over who did what.  The only two
> options that are viable (IMO) are the ones that I proposed.  What if
> that person's machine is faster than any one of mine (my fastest is a
> K6-233) but not faster than all of them in total?  We'd actually have to
> weight it by the person's overall key rate.  Or would we weight it by
> total number of keys processed?  Or the person's key rate at the time of
> cracking?  It would be a nightmare.
>
> I personally have seven machines running this 24 x 7, and I certainly
> would not ask for a larger share of the prize - if we get it - than a
> person with only one machine crunching keys.
>
> I hope that everyone else will be similarly civic-minded.
>
> If not, well, then the person who cracks it can split it 50-50 with TLUG
> and the rest of the team gets nothing.  I have no problem with that,
> either.

Yes....it's very difficult.   I agree with your idea you mentioned last.
Anyway I joined TLUG team as tetsuji@example.com and
caq23050@example.com (one for Linux, the other for Win98).   I have a
Pentium II 333MHz machine, but run only 4 or 5 hours a day.  Up to now cracked
about 1100 blocks in 20 days.

> >    BTW, I tried to access the URL, http://rc5stats.distributed.net/pjointeam.ph
> > p3?team=13008
> >  but I was asked my username (or email address) and password, so I couldn't
> > enter.
>
> Yes, you do need to put those in.  If you're not sure of your password,
> go to your stats page and hit the "mail me my password" link.  It will be
> mailed to you, and then you can join the team.  Note that people who
> just started today will not appear in the database until tomorrow, after
> about 11:30 JST.

Thanks.  I could find how to get my password.   But I wonder why I cannot find
TLUG team status by searching with "tokyo" or "linux" as the search key word.

Best regards.....

--
Tetsuji Rai    Tokyo Japan
PPL 2476457    tetsuji@example.com

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.