Re: tlug: RC5-64 Contest

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Tetsuji Rai wrote:

> I already participated in that contest, and wonder what is the advantage when
> forming a team in tlug.   If we have any advantage, I will join tlug rc5-64
> contest.

If TLUG finds the winning key, we get some of the prize money.  Sounds
like an advantage to me  :-)  Of course, if an individual finds the key,
they get prize money.  If a bunch of us are working together, that gives
us a better shot as a group.  The share of the prize for the person who
finds the key will probably be 1,000 dollars.  Distributed.net will keep
1,000, and the rest will be donated to a charity (I favor FSF, if no one
has any objections).  I propose that if we do win, the proceeds be
distributed evenly between TLUG and the person whose computer found the
key.  Alternatively, if those participating would prefer it, we could
share it out equally among all team particpants and TLUG, one share to
each.

The other advantage is that it gets TLUG some free advertising, since
people will be able to see our name on the team stats listing.

Our team doesn't seem to be working yet, so for now, anyone who wants to
participate should do so individually.  Then, when you join the TLUG
team, all of your blocks will be credited to TLUG (except any that have
already been given to some other team).

Jonathan Byrne                                   Engineering Division
Global Online Japan                              http://www.gol.com/
Tel:  +81 03-5334-1700   Fax: +81-03-5334-1701   Direct: +81-03-5334-1756

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.