tlug: Re: 2 video card

Renaud ITIER wrote:
> ... I am thinking in
> buying a new video card, but the QVISION is on the mother board and I am not
> sure I can have 2 video cards. Is there any problem doing this?

Does the bios have an option, errr... motherboard have a jumper to
disable on board video?  Being a Compaq, you probably didn't get any
documentation on motherboard jumpers, but you could open it up and
start trying stuff, or at least see if anything is labelled...

With 2 (non-new) video cards, it's up to how the bios handles it, I
would think. I had two in one system once, and the on board one
always caused an error in the boot sequence (press F1 to continue),
but then continued fine.

later,
Howard
Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.