tlug: IP "refresh" (cable modem/router)

Thanks to everyone who offered help and hints on the cable modem/router/ethernet
      card questions I had over the past month. I finally got the (redhat 5.1)
      box online last night. I am now allnet.ne.jp's first customer to be using
      something other than Mac/Win. :-)

(Now I am having trouble installing the Gtk libraries, but that is another
      story...)

I was wondering about how linux goes about renewing/refreshing (my japanese
      win95 says "henshin") the IP.

With win95, I have this gui that comes up when I run winipcfg, and I can just
      click on henshin and that is it.

What should I do with Linux to get the same results? What is the linux
      equivalent of winipcfg?

(I have a "dynamic" IP that just happens to stay the same most of the time since
      the IP is fairly small and I am online almost constantly.)

Thanks in advance,

shawn gray

Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.