Re: tlug: http header parsing in perl

Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> Believe it or not, Jonathan has a programming question  :-)
>
> I've been asked to write a Perl CGI to do the following:

A hint: consider using CGI.pm. This perl package will take care
of most of your CGI related problems. I have used it for a
project and found both the package and the documentation
well written. You can get it at www.cpan.com or
http://stein.cshl.org/WWW/software/CGI/

If you really want to do it yourself, or if CGI.pm does not
work fo you: go for the RFC's
I beleive RFC 2068 "Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1"
is the appropriate starting place. Can be found at, for
example: http://www.iitb.ac.in/cgi-bin/rfc?2068

Have fun!
/Fredric
Next Nomikai: TBD                    Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
Next Technical Meeting: June 12 (Sat), 12  :30   place: Temple Univ.